Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Life as I know it... Today...

Honestly? I am just.... I don't even know! Lately I feel like my life treadmill is going super fast, and I am falling off... and just can't keep up...
The Munchkin has been having a melt down since Saturday... NOT PRETTY.... I really don't know what happened... when we left her at my folks
on Friday night(the first night away from us, EVER, since she got out of the NICU) she was fine.... Saturday she gets home and is a living terror... I have no clue what is even going on with her! SHe is finally coming back into the little girl that she usually is... but this is after how many days of writing on walls with colors, painting the kitchen floor with glue, painting all over her hands with nail polish... and there are several other things... I just don't have the energy to go into... so I am trying to recover all te bases that we've gone over... and she knows her limits... and it's just.... UGH>... life as a parent... I tell ya.... the dh has been working all the time... he had a vacation from job #1... but job #2 worked his @$$ off... and we don't have a day together until Saturday... he finally has the day off from both jobs.... He's been working on filling out apps at other places and stuff too... it's just been.... crazy....But I know that God has a handle on it, even though I don't... so it's all good!
OKay off to work on letters with the munchkin!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Randa,
I like the new blog.
I know that children go through phases. My daughter Carrie was a little terror on two little feet. I was 19 years old when she I gave birth to here.
She drew on walls, got into the refrigerator and mixed eggs with coffee, used to get out of her crib (now she was tiny then) and roam the house during the night. My mother and I lowered the crib by making new screw holes so that the mattress was almost on the floor and she still got out then we decided to put her in a bed so she wouldn't get hurt. When she was 2 she got out of her bed, stripped down naked, pulled a chair to the door and unlock the chain lock and got outside in the freezing, snowy early morning and a neighbor brought her back. Of course, I was sleeping because it was about 5:30 a.m. I felt so stupid. Tom had to bungie the refrigerator so she wouldn't get into it. After her little outdoor jaunt I literally stayed up all night making sure that she didn't get up and get out or hurt herself. My father used to come over after work and take Carrie so that I could get some sleep so I could stay up all night again. It was a nightmare. I was taking medications for epilepsy and narcolepsy at the time. There are too many things to mention that Carrie did that caused me so much stress.
After she started preschool she was o.k. after that. I know that it isn't a comfort right to know that.
Also, Carrie had a learning disability and I know that that contributed to some of her antics. In high school she made the honor roll several time. She is now 31 years old and is very relaxed and not uptight as I am.
I am getting carried away here. I just wanted to reassure you that things will change. It is up to us-the mom's-to be strong and endure all the mess that comes our way. Then we can have a breakdown-LOL
Lots of hugs to you my friend.

Anonymous said...

hi my dear,
love the new blog...just hang in there. children go through their phases and of course we moms feel like we might lose our sanity..but God is right there with you..sometimes a handbook would have been nice.

Have a great evening
hugs and blessings,
Tammy