Friday, November 04, 2005

Can you Imagine?

This was forwarded to me... but almost all of these... yes I can... having lived through it with Alyson... it's heartbreaking... and I still feel those pains everytime I think about what she had to go through... but that pain is nothing compared to the joy I experience everytime I see her grin at me, feel her little arms wrapping around me for a hug, hear her laughing and talking, see her playing...God was good to us, and I know it doesn't always end this way for other families that go through it....

Can you Imagine?

· Having your baby at 26 weeks?

· Skin so transparent that you can see every vien?

· Feet as small as a paper clip?

· Your husband’s wedding ring fitting on their thigh?

· Not being able to hold your child for the first 5 weeks of life?

· Watching your son crash 7 times in a row while doctor’s frantically work to keep him alive?

· Seeing tubes, IV's, Chest tubes and wires connected to your child?

· Having no control over what happens?

· Seeing your son addicted to morphine at 2 months old?

I can. Premature mothers don’t have to imagine all of this; this is a reality for many of our children.


** Help spread the word about premature birth – forward this message to your e-mail contacts.**



What Will You Do for Pink and Blue?



November is Prematurity Awareness Month

You can help the March of Dimes save babies by defeating premature birth, just as it defeated polio.



Here’s what you can do for pink and blue:
-Visit www.marchofdimes.com/pad – For each visit until Nov. 15, MedImmune will donate $1 to the March of Dimes.

-Learn how to reduce the risk of premature birth – Go to www.marchofdimes.com and click on “I want my 9 months.”

0 comments: