I decided before Christmas that I wanted to knit... problem being.... don['t know HOW... so B's mom asks him whan I want.. he tells her that I want to learn to knit... so they get me a crochet kit... since they couldn't remember what it was I wanted....ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmkay... ANYWAY.... I take some Christmas money and buy the "I taught myself to knit" kit... I was excited... quit laughing, I know I'm a nerd...*L* So I get it home, barely waiting to get in the front door before I rip the sucker open, open the book up... and all I can say is DUH... so I've looked and looked.... and was scared and frightened and put it away... I'm an idiot when it comes to doing stuff like this... so it's been hidden in my room to taunt me everytime I open that drawer... so our socks haven't made it into the dresser since before Christmas...;) j/k... today, I'm like... DUDE... what is my problem? Shake it off and lets try it... so I work all afternoon and cast my stitches on... FINALLY.... it took alot though.... then figuring out how to get it to the next row.... I swear... Aly had to show me...*LOL* So i figure this out.... keep thinkin it doesn['t look right... but I'm like doesn't matter... just practicing... just practicing... So I take them off.... thinking I'll practice again, after I take a break and get Alyson to sleep, and watch Rodney and Scrubs... so I go to work on it again, and I can't remember how to cast on.... I tossed it on the table mumbling something about being an idiot(if ya do click this, ya have to click the one that just says idiot*L*)
okay, well I need to get busy...:) We are running a sale at Inspirational Lights and I need to organize orders for pouring....:) Have a good Wednesday!
Tuesday, January 24, 2006
I'm nuts....
Posted by
Randa
at
1/24/2006 10:27:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I'm really proud of you for trying Randa...that takes some courage! You should be proud of yourself. I had a "start sewing" book in my pantry for 2 YEARS and NEVER picked it up, just stared at it because I was too scared to start.
Hi Randa,
Oh, do I know what you are going through. Years ago I taught myself to knit with a Knitting for Beginners book. I couldn't figure it out to save my life. I kept putting it off and finally after numerous tries I finally figure it out. I used to get so mad with myself. I swore I would never pick up knitting needles again.
I have been crocheting since I was 3 years old. My mother taught me. I didn't really make anything, but I learned to make chains at that age. Then when I was about 9 I picked it up by watching my mother and grandmother. My mother didn't knit so I had to learn on my own.
I just wish that I had someone to teach me so I could be a better knitter. I have a heck of a time knitting with 4 needles.
I am so sure that you will get it really soon. Don't give up sis.
Have a great day.
Many hugs to you
Post a Comment