Saturday, November 24, 2007

I wear a sign....

that says walk all over me. I'll help you grow YOUR business and you don't help me grow mine. 

My Holiday Open House is the 1st. And instead of just me, I included someone else. I am doing everything for it. I mean everything. I know it's here at our house, and stuff, but some help would be nice. I've done all of the planning, and all of everything else. I've paid for everything so far, stamps, etc... I did the invitations, addressed them all, and asked for her list of people, or a number that she needed printed out, and I got nothing. Everytime I text, call, or email her about the party she doesn't respond, but anything else and she responds right away.  I finally got her up here 2 weeks ago (keep in mind we've(I've) been planning this thing since the 3rd week in October) and she didn't have a list of people, she didn't have addresses, she didn't have anything. She took like 7-10 invitations to hand out to a few people. This really chaps my ass because had I known she wasn't going to help I would have left her out of it. I do this to further our income. I have a huge problem with the fact that she isn't planning on inviting anyone, and 
basically just mooching off my customer list. What makes it even worse? She's my cousin. 

The good news about the party is: I'm serving Tastefully Simple (thanks Judi!) stuff as my food stuff...:) Since my cousin is a pampered chef consultant, she's doing some things. Or SUPPOSED to be doing a few things.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Randa,
I wear a sign that says, "Kick Me". I just know how frustrating it is when you do your part and other's won't cooperate. Every aspect of my life is like that. I have relinquished my power and don't know how to get it back. I allow people to treat me with disdain. I feel as though I am having a breakdown at times.
Putting my problems aside, I hope you and Aly are feeling better and that your Open House is a success inspite of others.
I haven't crocheted or knitted for some time now. But, I would love to see your scarf.
Hugs