Saturday, December 31, 2005

Wow....

Ya ever have one of those weeks... where one word can sum it all up... good or bad...*L* Yeah... mine is WOW....
I suppose that's how my whole year has been....

Let's start with an update from the last time I posted:
Wednesday evening: Brad and I had our date, it was nice! We looked all over Hastings and Grand Island for the one thing Alyson really wanted, a Dora Talking House.... it was 54 at wally... so we go get it... not there... let me check, oh yeah guess we're out... good luck with that... so Brad and I are like... let's just run to GI then and see if we can get one from one of those walmarts.... so our first stop is Best Buy... I know... you figure out the reasoning on this one... Brad was driving...*L* they had a network card that we were getting for my brother on sale.... finally get up to the register, and it rings up at 53... I look at Brad with THAT look(ya know the one, $crew this, I am NOT paying that much for it, so you better say something before I kick you in the b@ll$ *christmas shopping makes me crazy*LOL* ) so this snotty girl is like, well it's a mail in rebate... so I gave Brad the death look... sinve he was positive that it wasn't... so ew finish checking out.... I'm like let's go... no I don't want to look at anything else here... I just wanna get what we need to and get out....
So I' m like, hey I wanna check at shopko... I always CHristmas shop at Shopko, and they took ours out 4 years ago... so it's kinda routine to go there when I am in GI.... so we go, and I wanna look around, and Brad is making me run through the store, and I finally got really mad... and was deliberately taking my time.... DON"T FREAKING RUSH ME... so we get over to the toy section much too soon... and there is ONE fricking house left.... But.. it's at 62 bucks... so I'm like, I don't care if we are standing in the aisle of SHOPKO, CALL the other walmarts and see if they have any because if I don't have to, I don't want to pay this for it! So Brad calls.... and they are all out... oh was I mad.... so we're looking around, and they have their toy section at buy one get one 50% off... so after being bullied into this price, I'm like what the heck... let's find something else.... and Aly really wanted a vanity set too... if we didn't get the house... so I found one... not the 84 dollar Cinderella one, but just a cheapy... and it was 20... so there ya go... we went to fazolis... it was nummy... and came home and wrapped our guts out, since we bought everyone's gifts that night....

Thursday: Delivered orders to Trumbull, and then got into a huge fight with my mom... almost canceled Christmas with them....

Friday: Not much went on, cleaning and such....Getting the last of Brad's gifts, and talking to my dad, and him telling me that I have to go talk to my mom about this stuff... blah blah blah.... collecting money on orders that were delivered, banking it... etc.... stopped at mom's to deliver my sister, who had gone shopping with me, and my grandma and uncle from Colorado were there... and then dad called, and thanked me for going over there... even though mom and I never really talked about it... it got pushed under the rug like it always does....

Christmas Eve: Spent the day baking pies, and having people come pick up orders... then went to my folks' for a good evening... with my dad's side of the family...aunt and her 3 grown children & their families there, my uncle from CO, my grandma and uncle that lives with her, my uncle Bill (he's mentally retarded, and lives in Hastings, but spends Christmas with my Grandma) and all my siblings.... so it was a full house.... and that's not even half of my dad's side of the family... made a few sales etc... last minute CHristmas gifts... came home, got my turkey ready to go...

Christmas Day: Brad worked the morning, so we did our Christmas in the afternoon before his family got here... so I spent the morning cooking, aly was busy playing with what Santa had brought her when we got home from my folks'... All in all we had a really good CHristmas....
his folks left around 6 or so... we went to see my family, and all decided to do our gift exchange that night, and still do our normal pizza the day after(we usually open gifts and have pizza on CHristmas Eve, but dad wasn't supposed to be home until late Christmas Day(he got home CHristmas Eve day), so we planned for the day after Christmas)
Yep so we had a busy week, last week... and this week has been just as crazy.... but it's all good... right?

So Thursday I had a doozy of an evening... we got groceries, I needed foil to package up the pork chops, so Brad ran to get it, he brings it back, I'm busy doing that, and my glasses just fall apart... well I'm pretty blind without them... and the lens fell into the trash, so Brad is looking for it.... he finds it for me, I go to do something in the bathroom, I don't even remember... well I freaking knock my warmer, that has a little delight in it all over, down the freaking sink... so I am freaking out... and have brad get me boiling water going... get it all cleaned up off the vanity, and start working on the sink... Brad brings my glasses, and the water is almost ready, and I'm rujnning our hot water... and it's going pretty good... well I get it to work, it's all clear.. woohoo go me... so I am looking at the sink, and the little plug had falledn in a little bit, so I kinda force it up so it drains faster, the whole thing pops out... as in the whole damn thing.... So Brad comes in, we are both thinking no biggie, clean it uip, put it back... do that, I go get the boiling water... start pouring it down... and I feel water splash m,y feet... So I holler, really sweetly, Brad can you come see if this water hitting my feet... he comes in I poour some more down, he's like nope... and walks out... as it's hitting my feet again... so I'm like what ever... so I look, and there is water... the whole pipe came undone... Brad sorta fixed it.... it needs completely done though, but the LL won't... and I don't have the money. so it's finxed until at least after the first of the year, when we pay rent....
anyway... that's all I have to say right now... We have another CHristmas thing tomorrow... so I need to get busy with what I am taking, and I have orders to get ready to go for tomorrow too... so yee-freaking-haw....
Have a good new years eve everyone!:)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Randa,
I don't like to shop for Christmas as I feel that I am-as is everyone else-getting ripped off. I find that stores advertise certain things just to get you into the store and then they only have a limited supply of things hoping that you will buy something else. I refuse to buy anything else than what I went in there for.
I have a problem with big business. I am sick of making big business richer.
Boy, you certainly had a busy week. I can feel for you about your pipe letting loose, mine did the very same thing and flooded the kitchen. It is just one thing right after another.
I am glad you had a good Christmas and I hope your glasses are fixed. I am blind without mine also. I would be devastated to break mine as I don't have the money to replace them.
I am wishing for you and your family a Happy new Year filled with love, prosperity and good health.
Take care dear sis/friend.
Hugs and smiles

Anonymous said...

WoW !! Sounds like a wow to me lol. Gosh, I got tired just reading what all u have done, wheeew LOL. wishing u a happy new year !! Moved the blog, url is listed. You have a luvly day, I will return soon. :)

Judi B said...

Holy Moly. I don't even know what to say. All I *can* say is that I'm sorry all that bad stuff happened, but I'm glad that your Christmas went well considering. I'm happy you got the Dora gift for Aly, you know she loves you for it...LOL